2.03.2013

Many Mangroves

A while back, Adam and I tried to check out a new boating spot behind Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately for us, we arrived to a parking lot full of "no boating" signs. We decided to take a walk around the park, since we had driven all the way out there. It was a nice walk along the water, though that park houses mongooses possessing the least fear of human beings I've ever seen. While we were on the lake, we saw several mangrove plants; we noticed that their seeds had washed up on the shore.
 
I took a few of them and planted them in beer bottles with salt water taken from the beach. I have slowly been adding freshwater to the bottles as the water level lowers. Eventually they will be in entirely fresh water, which I fear may be harmful, but for now they are sprouting and happy as ever!


1 comment:

  1. When they get big enough, you'll have to transfer them to Primo Big Braddahs!

    ReplyDelete