2.17.2013

It's a miracle!


It's a miracle...Miracle fruit, that is! This plant produces berries which when eaten alter the taste of other foods. A couple of months ago, two of my friends came into possession of some berries which they shared with me. Adam and I ingested them, and then went on a spree of drinking vinegars, spoiled wine, lemon juice and sour oranges all evening -- which tasted like sugar! Despite the stomachache the next morning, it really is a pretty nifty little party trick.

Of course, being who I am, I kept several of the seeds and planted them. Just a week ago, we got three sprouts. I am a little nervous about their survival, as I have successfully sprouted miracle fruit before and they tend to die soon afterwards. But my friend Dan had a huge, thriving plant, with tons of berries, so I know it is possible to succeed in this climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment