1.10.2012

The Girl with the Sprout Tattoo

Warning: this blog is not actually about plants. But I figure, only a few friends and family actually read it, so why not share my fun news? I got a tattoo last night! It's been 14 years since my last one, and I've been thinking about an addition the whole time. This tattoo has been in the works for at least 6 months. I know it looks like I have a sick addiction to sprouts, and I kind of do. I think they are super pretty and cute and elegant looking. But this tattoo is special for a couple of reasons, other than just the fact that I love sprouts. First of all, Adam designed it. We spent days walking around Oregon, picking all the sprouts we could find and examining them: the roots, the seed, the leaves. He has a sketchbook filled with different sprout designs. Secondly, this is the perfect time in my life to get a sprout image. I just turned 30, finished my Ph.D., and started working and my adult life here in Hawaii. It is a time for new opportunities and growth, starting fresh out of the ground, excited about whatever adventures lie ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if you get on this or not still, I have a very good friend who passed away about a week ago and his last name was Sprout. So me and a couple of friends are wanting to get sprout tattoos, and the way you said "It is a time for new opportunities and growth, starting fresh out of the ground, excited about whatever adventures lie ahead!" just inspired more about it, please email me. AshlieAtchison@gmail.com I would love to check out Adam's sketch book for some nice ideas if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete